In MoW: AVE
Male Wiring Project: AVEL, AVER
In Wormbase: AVE, AVEL, AVER
Lineage: AB alpppaaaa, AB praaaaaaa
Location: Lateral ganglia of head
Description: Ventral cord interneurons. AVE's have the same postsynaptic targets as AVD's, but processes of AVE's are restricted to anterior cord, ending shortly before vulva.
- FLP-1; FMRFamide-like peptide
(Although earlier reports suggested AVE might be glutamatergic, more recent studies showed it is not)
(Pereira et al., 2015; Serrano-Saiz et al., 2013; Ohnishi et al., 2011; Nelson et al., 1998)
None yet reported, although described to have gap junctions in adult animals (MoW)
- GLR-1; glutamate receptor subunit
- GLR-2; glutamate receptor subunit
- GLR-5; glutamate receptor subunit
- NMR-1; glutamate receptor subunit
- NMR-2; glutamate receptor subunit
(Maricq et al., 1995; Brockie et al., 2001)
Function: Command interneuron.
- Drive backward movement of the animal along with AVA, AVD and A-type motor neurons. See Locomotory circuit.